Etherium is dead

This is the right place to share your game experience and feelings! Feel Free!

Re: Etherium is dead

Postby Whatwhatfilms » 11 April 2015, 15:24

Hey in my opinion focus home tried to make to many games at once. They were making Etherium act of aggression and supposedly this game called battle fleet gothic. They should have focus advertising etherium then once it's released focus thier attention to act of aggression. (This might be kinda mean but in my opinion they should scrap battle field gothic).
Also can someone tell me and exsplain to me what act of aggression is.
Whatwhatfilms

Postby Obliviouz » 12 April 2015, 20:03

Sputnik what is nightsight game ? Rts ?

@What Act Of Agression is a RTS game back like the oldies. Normal basebuilding, researches, units, etc...

Looks very promising !!
Obliviouz

Postby GeneralGonzo » 14 April 2015, 11:09

Sputnik wrote:While I have to agree that there just a few people playing it and that Focus Home Interactive joint guilty with their lack of promotion and advertisment, I think its not the main problem. The potential playerbase for RTS games (besides SC2 and CoH2) is tiny and it splits up even more with every new RTS that hits the street. The result of that is the low numbers of players, this counts for Etherium same as for Grey Goo, Nighsight or similar titles.

No ! Not true! If you have a look at the "Wargame" series i.e., you will see, that the player base is still very high.
The game is made from Eugen Systems, who will release "Act of Aggression" next month. If you have allok at their facebook page you will get an idea, how many player will support this game. And there´s not much advertisement yet to this game, which will start soon - promised!
GeneralGonzo

Postby Sputnik » 14 April 2015, 19:22

I wouldn't count the Wargame series as RTS in any common sense, more of a real-time tactic game.
But even than, an active playercount of one thousand is like nothing (compared to Etherium its still huge though).

EDIT: How did you assume that Act of War will be released next month? Afaik the game is in an early beta phase and still has a long way to go until release.
Sputnik

Postby GeneralGonzo » 15 April 2015, 09:14

Sputnik wrote:EDIT: How did you assume that Act of War will be released next month? Afaik the game is in an early beta phase and still has a long way to go until release.

It´s "Act of Aggression", not "Act of War" ;-)
The release date is announced for the 29th may.
And where you wanna know from, that it´s a long way to go? I´m in contact with the developers (i know one of them) and will be invited to VIPBeta soon...I guess the state off the game is more adavanced than one would assume!
GeneralGonzo

Postby Sputnik » 15 April 2015, 19:08

Typo. =P
Then you are better informed, would be cool if its really been released that early. The last given release date I have seen is more than a half year old and assumingly outdated, I wonder why Focus don't spread it out everywhere if its so close to launch.
Sputnik

Postby AceWild » 22 April 2015, 19:08

As the topic says "Etherium is dead". A couple of things that I think may have contributed to this is 1) Etherium has had very poor advertising. We all know how important that is and how much of an impact advertising does. 2) The lack of communication provided. I understand that french is spoken by many makers of this game, but that is no excuse to ignore english related questions aimed at them. 3) No tournaments. I'm unaware of any tournaments so far. Tournaments express the feeling that the game is more serious and competitive. Tournaments can attract more people to the game.
“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”
AceWild

Postby Sputnik » 22 April 2015, 19:55

I had serious plans to make a release 1on1 tournament with 16 players... occasionally it looked very promising with some prizes and official cooperation with Focus but I was forced to cancel it later on due different reasons. And now its obsolet to start one over.
Sputnik

Postby AceWild » 22 April 2015, 20:03

It's funny you say that because I have been thinking of the same thing. I was hopping to contact the developers to organise a tournament in which I was willing to contribute some of my personal money towards it.
“You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.”
AceWild

Postby Sputnik » 22 April 2015, 20:05

Well, I can tell you that any coorperation and sponsoring by official meanings won't happen... as long as there isnt a miracle happening. One of the reasons I cancelled a tournament that was just about to launch.
But you can go the inofficial way by organizing and sponsoring it by yourself and hope that some players will sign up.
Sputnik

Previous

Return to General