Struggling at the beginning? Maybe try this!

This is the right place to share your game experience and feelings! Feel Free!

Struggling at the beginning? Maybe try this!

Postby Sputnik » 17 March 2015, 11:43

I will quickly show you 3 common build orders / openings, one for each faction. Don't expect to win easily with them but if you try these, you will be able to get the basic clue of the different faction strenghts and weaknesses after a few games.

--------------
Consortium Buggy Rush
- Instantly press "v" or push the button for financial support at the beginning of the game, this will raise your starting etherium
- Get out 3 buggys and drive straigth to your enemy base
- Get a forth buggy right as you hit the Etherium for it and send it to the other buggys
- Focus fire on enemy divisions or upcoming turrents with all your buggys
- Use "Forced March" to hunt down enemy divisions or to keep your buggys alive

This is a very fast and aggressive rushing strategy, played right it can be insanely strong and will win you the game in no time. But take care, if your initial rush fails you will be in trouble.

--------------
Vectides Early Shield
- Get a tech center right at the beginning
- Get out 2 AP infantry or 1 AP / 1 AT infantry
- Wait until you hit 100 Etherium and get a shield on your AP Infantry, send that to the front immidiatly (you can find the icon to buy shields next to the minimap)
- Wait until you earn another 100 Etherium to get a shield on your second division, support your first divison Don't split up!
- Use cover! Or the ability "Distortion Drone" if you forced to fight in the open

This is a slow and expensive opening but you will be able to hold your territory and win most engagement until midgame.

--------------
Intari Tier3 Opening
- Get 2 tech centers right at the beginning
- Get out a sniper as soon you hit the Etherium for it and carefully scout your enemy.
- Get a light walker and support your sniper
- You can outrange most enemies with your sniper
- Use "Laser Designator" and focus fire to quickly destroy enemy divisions
- If the enemy start turtling with turrents pump out a siege vehicle and rush him down before his defenses get to strong

This is a hit-and-run strategy that got its punch by skipping the Intari's weak Tier1&2 and focus on the strong Tier3 .
Sputnik

Re: Struggling at the beginning? Maybe try this!

Postby Whatwhatfilms » 17 March 2015, 22:23

Thanks for the info I remember one game I played on the lava planet I forgot about the drop ships and they used them to take their units right at hq and demolished me.
Whatwhatfilms

Postby Gerilatron » 21 March 2015, 14:55

Hello, just tried the buggy rush and won, thanks for the tips!
Gerilatron

Postby Sputnik » 21 March 2015, 15:12

While buggyrush can be deadly on wide open maps with a short distance between the starting positions (like Dorsum Inferno or all maps on Serenade) it looses a lot of effectivity on other maps. Same goes for 2on2, so be careful when to use it.
Sputnik

Postby Whatwhatfilms » 21 March 2015, 19:39

Personally don't like buggy rush because all they have to do is build a turret and use the fast building cammand skill or your ally just has to send support
Whatwhatfilms

Postby McNash » 29 March 2015, 08:58

Against the AI I just rush to get the walkers, usually going 3 refineries and investing the rest in tech centers, since one walker is more than enough to deal with the AI early harassing squads, it never occurred to me to use the financial support at the opening but may be a good way to speed up this tactic with the Consortium.
McNash

Return to General